JUst got a new printer !!!

haricot 10:18 31 Dec 2010

Yep and it is a Canon MP 560 but the Instructions are diabolical.

Others will have already said that you get the Manuals "2 feet thick" that cover every language that there is but try and find in English how to
for instance (a) enlarge print (if trying to print something you need which is in small print)
OR how to print multi copies..... etc etc

Anyway my question is does anyone happen to know if there is JUST an English Version of these User Instructions that I can get hold of or download.

On top of that ..to try and get any sense out of Canon is like asking asking "The Pentagon for a Loan".
Thanks in advance from a very exasperated new user!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:31 31 Dec 2010

Pentagon Loans :0)
click here

Canon mp560 manual
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:39 31 Dec 2010

I have the same model and the instructions are very clear and are on the set up disc.

G

haricot 13:29 31 Dec 2010

THankyou for your responses.

Fruitbat..I had rather hoped I could get a more comprehensive English version than that.

Gandalf.... if you are referring to the 3 online manuals that you get with the disc then you have a better brain than most of the rest of us.
It took us a day to figure out how to print envelopes (just look at the On-line enquiries asking the same thing)I still cannot find out properly how to increase the size of a printed document where the existing print is too small.

Never mind thanks for looking in even if it dos'nt help me. I'll try and figur it out for myself. I appreciate your efforts anyway.

Pineman100 14:45 31 Dec 2010

"I still cannot find out properly how to increase the size of a printed document where the existing print is too small."

I don't understand this point. Surely the simple answer is to increase the font size of the document from within its source software.

iscanut 14:56 31 Dec 2010

How to print multi copies ? Surely you state the number required on the printer dialog box ..as to font size, surely this is done on the document, not the printer ? I too am puzzled like Pineman100.

haricot 15:05 31 Dec 2010

Thanks Guys...the document that I need to enlarge is one that I already have and wish to enlarge via the photocopier.Software dos'nt come into it !

Anyway cease to be puzzled...I'll have a go at trying to suss it out for myself.

I do still however appreciate your time and trouble in respoding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?