just got new mouse

>steve< 18:18 23 Jan 2006

just bourght a logitech cordless keboard and mouse and remote control it is a s510 the mouse is suppost to be able to side scroll but it doese not anyone know why.

hzhzhz 18:51 23 Jan 2006

Have you installed the disc that came with the mouse ?.

>steve< 19:05 23 Jan 2006

yes ive installed the software (setpoint)you should be able to program the mouse buttons from their ,ive looked in the help section and it says right click the icon in the system tray the select mouse and keyboard settings then select the mouse tab the problem is there is no mouse tab just keyboard and remote tabs.im puzzled ive tried reinstalling no good.

ade.h 19:18 23 Jan 2006

Side scrolling is typically limited tp applications that are compatible with the advanced features of a particular device; some apps will not accept side-scrolling whatsoever while others will have limited functionality, perhaps only with Microsoft mice for example.

Experiment with it and let us know if it works in any applications at all. If the first app that you tried it with happened to be, say, Firefox, try it with an MS app.

hzhzhz 19:26 23 Jan 2006

click here perhaps downloading drivers will give you the mouse tab.

>steve< 19:35 23 Jan 2006

ive tried in lots of sites/applications it is not working at all.in response to hz,s post i have the latsest drivers installed thrm from logitechs website yesterday.

VoG II 20:12 23 Jan 2006

Do you have Excel? It should definitely work in that.

>steve< 20:08 24 Jan 2006

no mate i use msworks.

shizzy 21:25 24 Jan 2006

On a Help page in another mag it said the answer was to download MS Intellimouse software instead for Logitech problems.

007al 00:08 25 Jan 2006

I use the same keyboard,but dont use the mouse that came with it,although it does work no problem.Have you connected the mouse before the keyboard as per the instructions on the underside of the keyboard?

007al 00:10 25 Jan 2006

Also,try the connect utility,and check the keyboard and mouse settings again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?