just an annoying printer bug

rosyred 23:38 24 Sep 2003

have an hp deskjet 930c and everytime I put it on it takes a piece of paper halfway thro and then the paperjam light comes on - not the end of the world but annoying

Djohn 00:04 25 Sep 2003

click here I've had a look through the help files here, but can't pinpoint your problem. You could try removing the driver and re-installing to see if that will cure. If not, then an e-mail, or phone call to HP should solve the problem for you. j.

Bodi 09:49 25 Sep 2003

and would just add that cleaning the "rollers" and printer in general with a damp cloth might help too. Surprising how much ink accumilates underneath the cartridge rail.

Do you get the same problem if the printer is left on?

Bodi

rosyred 20:57 26 Sep 2003

Thanks for your comments Have already reinstalled the driver and yes it does happen if i leave it on when I boot my pc

wee eddie 22:26 26 Sep 2003

before you turn off your PC.

Turn it on again after you have booted your PC.

-pops- 07:03 27 Sep 2003

You might want to consider only switching your printer on when you want to use it.

Many printers go through a priming routine at start up - this uses ink. If you are not going to be using the printer at that bootup, that is ink wasted. May not be much per switch-on but over time, it can be significant.

wee eddie 10:41 27 Sep 2003

Both my Canons will run a blank page if the PC is booted while their still turned on.

rosyred 19:38 30 Sep 2003

Have been away and have just read your responses and thanks for all the help. its something that has just happened recently whatever i have on or not or whatever is switched on first or last, the only good side is that the page is blank, the down side is that it sticks half way thro the printer and I have to do a 'remove paper jam' ........just have to live with it
thanks again

john-232317 21:01 30 Sep 2003

I have an epson that threw a wobbly for no reason, i borrowed another cable and put it on and solved it...?

Not sure why but no prob since.

rosyred 00:31 01 Oct 2003

thanks 4 yr help all noted and tried

DieSse 08:58 01 Oct 2003

My HP 940 did odd things at switch, when I first used it via it's parallel port. Since changing to use the USB connection, all has been sweetness and light.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone