Junk Mail

carryduff 14:27 18 Dec 2006

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting a larger than usual pile of junk mail, most from the African continent or China. All offering large amounts of cash in return for services etc. I know they are all cons, and my Email promptly dumps them in the junk folder but is there a reason for this upsurge in the increasing quantity of these ? Also is there some way I can block these with my server ? Many thanks for all your advice in the past, much appreciated.

p;3 14:38 18 Dec 2006

if you have not already got it
this little program mailwasher might be a must have

click here it will check mails on server for you, and you can then decide for yourself which mails you wish to download and which to delete from server; mine does not check mails in the junk mail section on my bt server; you can also review the mails in mailwasher if you wish ; however, even if you are tempted please do NOT bounce any spam junk but merly delete from server via this program

unfortunately you cannot stop the spam junk from being sent to you but you CAN stop it from arriving on your pc; hope that helps?

Kate B 15:09 18 Dec 2006

click here

Part of the problem is people with PCs that aren't kept up to date with security patches, mostly in countries where broadband is just coming on stream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?