Jumping Mouse

ol blueeyes 13:49 15 Nov 2009

My Daughters PC running XP Media Edition has a USB Mouse which every now and again decides to jump all over the place. I'm sure in the past I got over this but old age does not come alone.As she only has 2 USB ports she would prefer to change to a PS/2 Mouse. Have tried no luck. Did see in device manager that SM Bus Controller has a big Question Mark over it.
Can any one help please. She is coming to see me this afternoon and I would like to get it sorted for her.

Thanks in advance

Sea Urchin 15:35 15 Nov 2009

The question mark means the driver needs updating. And why not get a USB 2 or 4 port hub to accommodate the mouse - see Link for example:

click here

Graphicool1 15:41 15 Nov 2009

I get this problem (well, iritation really) if I place the pen from my USB drawing tablet anywhere near the mouse, then try to use the mouse. Does your daughter ever use another USB device in the other port, when she is also using the mouse, perhaps a memory stick?

ol blueeyes 19:15 15 Nov 2009

Actually have endeavoured to updated the Driver but PC tells me tht the Driver is uptodate.
No she is not using at the moment the other USB Port. Will get USB Port Hub see if that improves the situation

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache