JPG Attachments

JohnMHT 22:27 22 Feb 2008

I have received .jpg photos as attachments. When I try to open them I get a message saying unrecognised file then the message "This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel" I have been into the folder options and JPG exists I have also tried to make a new folder .jpg (lower case) but to no avail. I am using Win XP SP2. Any ideas please?

MAT ALAN 22:32 22 Feb 2008

you may have a default prog that does not recognise the file extension.

right click on attachment and choose a prog that will..

lotvic 23:16 22 Feb 2008

1. make a folder (with whatever name you like) in 'My Pictures' (or anywhere in 'My Documents'). Close the window.
2. Open OE and the email with the attachment
3. Right click on the attachment and choose 'Save As' or if there is more than one attachment 'Save All'
4. In the popup window that opens - at the bottom 'Browse' and navigate to the folder you made in the new popup window then click on OK (the window will close)
5. In the 'Save Attachments' popup window either click on (to highlight/select) the attachment name or in the box at the right click on 'Select All'
6. Click on 'Save'
7. Close the email and OE

8. Open 'My Documents' and navigate to, and open the folder you made. (Scan the contents with your antivirus just in case)
9. Right click on one of the .jpg attachments that you have saved there
10. Either choose 'Open with' and a list of suggested programs will be listed. Or if you choose 'Properties' and then in the Opens with: box 'Change' a list of suggested programs will be listed for you to choose from. (If in doubt use 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' to open the .jpg picture)

johnnyrocker 23:17 22 Feb 2008

you have been sent a link to a source on the senders machine as opposed to the actual pic?

johnny

VoG II 07:07 23 Feb 2008
  johnnyrocker 09:14 23 Feb 2008

the extension was one of j peg not pps?

johnny

VoG II 09:45 23 Feb 2008

Scroll down to the bottom.

johnnyrocker 11:15 23 Feb 2008

still no mention of jpeg

johnny

Sea Urchin 11:27 23 Feb 2008

scroll down the page on VoG™'s link to

Same error occurs while opening an image file type?

click on that and jpeg is one of the many images which can be associated

johnnyrocker 13:56 23 Feb 2008

thanks and apologies to vog.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?