jpegs associated with wrong software

Burnsy 18:21 22 Feb 2004

I wish to scrap the imaging software I have been using and replace with a different product. All my jpegs are associated with the old software - is there any way of changing the orientation of all these pictures at one stroke to the new imaging software, or even how is it done individually picture by picture? I am running W98.

Itchy Fingers 18:26 22 Feb 2004

I don't remember how with Win98 (if it was any different) but with XP go to the file, right click, choose open with, choose a program and tick the always use box.

Eric10 18:31 22 Feb 2004

In Win98 you may not have the 'Open with' option. You can get it by clicking on a jpeg to highlight it then hold down the SHIFT key and right-click the file. You should now have an 'Open with' option on the menu.

Burnsy 21:17 22 Feb 2004

Thanks for the tips guys, Eric is spot on that you have to shift when you rightclick, but the file type in Properties remains "... Photoimpact image". I would like to be able to double click on the icons and open automatically straight away in the new imaging programme.
Can the file type be changed or are they always going to be "... photoimpact images" ?

Chris.h 21:33 22 Feb 2004

Burnsy the chances are that when you install the NEW software it will ask if you wish image files to be associated with it and it will change it for you.

Valvegrid 22:03 22 Feb 2004

Try opening Explorer, highlight the file so it turns blue, hold the shift key and then right mouse click, in the menu that opens look down the list for Open with.... and click on it. In the window that opens scroll down the list to find the program you want to use and click on it, make sure you tick the box that says 'Always use this program to open this type of file' then click OK that should do it for you. If that doesn't work, there is another way, but it's a little more complicated, just post back and I'll go through it for you.

Burnsy 20:05 23 Feb 2004

Tks 2 u all but Valvegrid got it right first time. No need to go the more complicated way !
Many thanks for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?