Joing split images

Rubroy 10:45 18 Jan 2009

I found a web page with photos in that I wanted to download and save. WHen I tried found the pictures had been split so I would only download half pictures. I know they can be rejoined in Paint Shop pro using layer techniques because I did sso a couple of years back - but I've forgotten how! OK, so I am an idiot for mislaying the notes I made, but can anyone please put me back on track?

Eric10 11:09 18 Jan 2009

Open the 2 images in Paint Shop Pro. Look at the Image Information for each (Shift+I or from the Image menu) and calculate the width and height required for the finished image. Create a new image with the appropriate canvas size. Click one of the images to select it then press Ctrl+C to copy it. Click your new blank canvas then press Ctrl+L to paste the copied image as a new layer, then reposition that half of the photo on the canvas using the Move tool. If the Move tool isn't visible then click the little arrow at the side of the Pick tool and select it from there. Click the second image then Ctrl+C to copy, click the canvas again and Ctrl+L to paste a second layer and then reposition that also. Once satisfied that they are matched up, you can use "Layers, Merge, Merge All" to combine the images into one.

johnnyrocker 12:59 18 Jan 2009

or try click here

johnny

Rubroy 18:22 20 Jan 2009

Thank You Eric and Johnny. I have had to keep away from my PC for a day or two - at least this problem so have not yet tried out the suggestions. Eric, your description is very detailed, thank you and it rings a bell with me - at least with setting the stage on the canvas. I will have a go ASAP. When I last did it I was using PSP 7 and now have PSP XI but this version is messing up my PC badly and is so very slow. I am in the process of reinsstalling PSP 7 and will come back in due course, though it may be a while because of other problems!

Thank you too Johnny, I will keep this in mind too and make a note of the programme!

Rubroy 18:23 20 Jan 2009

Thank You Eric and Johnny. I have had to keep away from my PC for a day or two - at least this problem so have not yet tried out the suggestions. Eric, your description is very detailed, thank you and it rings a bell with me - at least with setting the stage on the canvas. I will have a go ASAP. When I last did it I was using PSP 7 and now have PSP XI but this version is messing up my PC badly and is so very slow. I am in the process of reinsstalling PSP 7 and will come back in due course, though it may be a while because of other problems!

Thank you too Johnny, I will keep this in mind too and make a note of the programme!

Rubroy 20:21 25 Jan 2009

Re my last Posts. Thank you both for your response and help. As a result I was able to recap and have now resolved the problem. I am most greatful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie