John Lewis 2 Year Warranty

prince midas 10:59 29 Dec 2008

As anyone any experience of the John Lewis 2 Yr Computor Warranty.Is it a collect and return system and how long is the turnround on average.

recap 11:29 29 Dec 2008

My son bought a laptop from John Lewis when he was living in Sheffield two years ago. He had been living back at home for around 4 months when the laptop wouldn't boot. I tried everything I knew to get it started with out any luck. He took it back to the Newcastle store and they sent it off to the manufacturer. He was informed it would take around a month before it was returned, he got it back with in 3 weeks.

prince midas 11:39 29 Dec 2008

Thank you Recap but I notice he took it back to a store of John Lewis.My problem is I am 30 miles from the nearest John Lewis Store and I wonder if they would collect it from my home and return it,anyone have the answer?

Sea Urchin 11:44 29 Dec 2008

If you have the collect/return warranty in place then presumably that's what they will do

Sea Urchin 11:45 29 Dec 2008

.....but you really need to talk to JL about that

prince midas 12:14 29 Dec 2008

I rang John Lewis and they tell me they do not operate a collect and return service .I would have to do a 60 mile journey to deliver and then another 60 mile on returm which is no good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache