JJHH comes up on laptop and it closes

andy63walsh 22:35 18 Jun 2008

My brothers laptop fires up then he enters his password and JJHH comes on screen then it switches off, any ideas ?

woodchip 22:44 18 Jun 2008

May be a Virus. Will it start in Safe Mode?

andy63walsh 07:14 19 Jun 2008

not sure how to start in safe mode, it's windows 98 with xp. how do you start in safe mode ?

ronalddonald 10:41 19 Jun 2008

if u cant get t the OS then u probaly better taken it to a repair shop. I presume u know the password have you tried to enter the password b4 it shuts down? If u cant then you probaly better taking it to a shop. IS the Password a BIOS paswword or is it the windows password. A windows password can be resolved. Another option is to try a resinstall of the Operatins System to see if that clears it up.

ronalddonald 10:44 19 Jun 2008

If you know how to try to take the CMOS battery out but that means getting very techie and it may mean taking to the shop to have it done. Is that battery charged up properly, can you try it on the mains it also be that the could an internal problem maybe with the motherboard or something else.

woodchip 14:50 19 Jun 2008

keep tapping F8as computer boots the choose Safe Mode from List. If you are now XP then Run System Restore to before the problem
Follow the path
Start\Programs\Accessories\Tools\System Restore

andy63walsh 08:04 20 Jun 2008

okthanks, i wilget him to t that, will t you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?