jittery mouse

ssss 17:32 01 May 2003

when on the internet or sending/receiving e-mail, my mouse does a little dance flitting quickly between the egg-timer and the arrow, sometimes disapearing for a few seconds at a time. the hardware property shows no conflics between hardware and the mouse and modem shows different irqs. has anyone experianced this annoying habbit. i have deleted and reinstalled both the modem (v90 internal) and mouse. i am currently running windows 98se + outlook express 5.0 + internet explorer 5.00

wee eddie 20:34 01 May 2003

Take the ball out by rotating the plate on the bottom.

It's quite possible that the rollers have collected all sorts of revolting gunge

give 'em a clean. that is the most frequent cause of your problem

Kitz E Kat 20:45 01 May 2003

Can happen when your computer is under pressure, ie working flat out, particularly when loading a page etc.

The PC Doctor 20:47 01 May 2003

This tells me that your PC is busy doing something..

My first advice would be to change from IE5/Outlook 5 as it has security vulnerabilities - I would recommend you download IE6 from Microsoft, this will also update Outlook.

Once updated then see what your mouse is doing...

PA28 20:48 01 May 2003

If it's a cordless then check batteries and distance from the receiver (ie - has it fallen off your desk!). Check plugged in firmly - if PS2 turn off your computer before taking out and reinserting the plug as it's definitely not hot plugable. It sounds more like a conflict from what you say, but you've already done the basics to correct this and it appears not to be the case.

If all things are equal then I tend to side with wee eddie - dirty balls!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?