jet1037.tmp

pienter 15:18 11 Feb 2010

Advanced Disk Cleaner has identified a file jet1037.tmp which it is unable to remove. The only reference to this file on Google is an article in German which appears to relate to someone having a problem with malware, though not necessarily with this file which merely occurs in a HiJackThis listing. Does anyone know anything about jet1037.tmp?

Technotiger 15:24 11 Feb 2010

Try running Ccleaner, with just its default settings.

click here in case you don't already have it.

pienter 22:35 11 Feb 2010

I have run Ccleaner but C;/windows/temp/jet1037.tmp was not removed. Contrary to my original message, the file was discovered by Registry First Aid not Advanced Disk Cleaner. Sorry about that. I would still like to know with which programme jet1037 is associated.

Technotiger 22:46 11 Feb 2010

Afraid I don't know what the file refers to or belongs to, but as it is a Temp file have you tried deleting the Temp Folder at C:/WINDOWS/Temp ....

pienter 22:10 12 Feb 2010

It isn't possible to delete either the file or the folder; the reason given is that the file is in use. Meanwhile I have found that the number after jet changes continually so the file appears to be deleted and produced in a different version. One correspondent on another techsite says that it is linked to the MS Jet Engine. It seems to be harmless so I thnik I shall ignore it. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017