Jet Audio

Epirb406 18:42 19 Sep 2003

Very fond of Jet Audio, does all I want and more but it has stopped playing my CDs. All other file types are fine and CDs play with other apps but not Jet Audio,

Any suggestions? Thanks for help with previous sound probs.

Epirb.

Proxy worm 18:48 19 Sep 2003

maybe you have dont something to the configeration?

Epirb406 19:20 19 Sep 2003

If I have I can't work out what, any ideas?

Epirb

christmascracker 19:22 19 Sep 2003

I used to have Jet Audio, is there not a button for setting JA as the deffault player for CD's somewhere? Just a thought!

Sheila

leo49 19:23 19 Sep 2003

Presumably you've already gone into Preferences and re-registered CD audio associations?

Epirb406 19:54 19 Sep 2003

Thanks guys but yes, it is my default player and yes I have used both methods to apply that.

But surely even if it wasn't default player it would play CDs?

Epirb.

pj123 20:06 19 Sep 2003

Sorry I can't help as I have just found the freebie Jet Audio and as you say does everything and more. So far no problems though. Just tried a commercial music CD and plays just fine.

Epirb406 20:35 19 Sep 2003

yep mine used to do it all too, only trying to play shop bought cds,,, nothing controversial!

have reinstalled both JA and the sound drivers, still have the prob!

Epirb

leo49 21:05 19 Sep 2003

You can always get it to play manually by clicking "Disc" in the GUI between "Album" and "File" and then either Play or the track number.[The focus often defaults onto "Album"].

Epirb406 21:12 19 Sep 2003

Err, no I can't leo, Jet Audio just won't play CD's, anything else yes, CDs no.

CDs play with windows media player but thats not the problem!

Cheers, Epirb.

pj123 22:31 19 Sep 2003

I just looked at the Jet Audio site again and it says that jetaudio basic 5 is definitely freeware so a time out is obviously not the answer. I was going to suggest downloading again and reinstalling but at 18mb that is probably not an option, specially if you are on dialup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?