Jerky video playback...

nick_j007 16:34 17 May 2009

I know this has been covered before in a number of different ways, but I'm a bit lost.

I have a neat Samsung NC10 notebook that is doing all I ask of it.

However video sources seem a little jerky in their playback.

Youtube videos play ok but are not smooth as expected.

I have a new camera a Lumix LX3. This creates HD .mov files and these do not play back smoothly either.

I have tried downloading Quicktime alternative, but it didn't seem to help, plus I admit I was at a loss as to what boxes to tick or untick.

I then tried the K-Lite pack, but again there are so many options I'm unsure what to do!

In any event I have not been able to find a quick and tidy solution.

Hope you can help/offer guidance.

Thanks in advance.

crosstrainer 17:06 17 May 2009

It's just a case of hardware specs. I'm afraid...Poor old lappy isn't (and was not designed for) All that Video playback.

Sad..But true

If you can't have a high spec PC. and need a laptop that will do the kind pf thing you mention, then:

click here
As you can see..HUGE price hit.

superhoops 17:50 17 May 2009

I have an NC10 and Youtube videos play fine and smooth as do videos from my camera although they aren't HD as yours

robin_x 02:01 18 May 2009

My Compaq tower wont even play audio CDs properly.
(dropouts and wrong speed). But the external USB DVD is fine.

Try your memory. 512MB/1GB is a bit jaded these days.
I just upgraded to another 2GB, £20something and my PC seems a bit better.

click here

nick_j007 09:02 18 May 2009

Yes, I upgraded my RAM at point of purchase from Ebuyer...I think I have 2 gig in there now.

Youtube should at least play smoothly I feel.

Lynn-LU 09:50 18 May 2009

I recommend you to try VLC Player which is Free for both Windows and Mac users. YouTube videos is FLV format, camera videos mostly is MTS, M2TS, TS format, this videos can not compatible with VLC Player, so you need a prefessional Mac Video Converter to convert this videos to MP4, AVI, etc, which can played in VLC Player.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?