Jerky movie playback

ZORMAN 19:14 02 May 2008

I want to create a flyby type movie presentation based on the NASA program "World Wind". This program produces a 3D image of the Earths surface. The program is very much like Google Earth but produces a much better 3D image.

My computer cannot cope with the play back of the recorded movie which shows the terrain from a fly over or flyby perspective. The movie in fact grinds to a halt sometimes and is jerky for the rest of the movie. DirectX is being being used.

Please could anyone advise me on what model of computer would be best for dealing with this work?

Thank you for any help.

johnnyrocker 19:17 02 May 2008

it depends on your machine spec at present etc, how much memory and stuff graphics etc

johnny

rossgolf 19:18 02 May 2008

how much you want to spend?

brundle 19:24 02 May 2008

Does it have to be a movie ? click here_(plugin)

brundle 19:26 02 May 2008

Sorry, working link click here

ZORMAN 21:18 02 May 2008

Hi johnnyrocker, thanks for your interest.

The computer I have now is being replaced so I was looking to find out if there was an off the shelf model that would deal with high resolution satellite images and the 3D stuff. The height comes from a space shuttle mission and the image that rendered over the digital elevation model is a Landsat image. I guess this requires a high end gaming machine. Can you recommend such a machine? Thanks again for your help on this.

rossgolf 21:20 02 May 2008

it would be easier if you give us a budget rather than asking for an off the shelf model. becuase it mite be easier to build it yourself or have it built with your parts rather than off the shelf

ZORMAN 21:21 02 May 2008

Hi rossgolf, thanks for your help.

The cost has to be kept as low as possible. I have seen high end gaming machines priced in thousands and this would be a problem. Is there anything that could do the job in the high hundreds?

ZORMAN 21:24 02 May 2008

Hello brudle. Yes it has to be a movie and thanks for the link. I have this plug in and this is what produced the jerky flyby movie.

Thanks for your interest and help.

ZORMAN 21:28 02 May 2008

I see. The problem is I am in Libya and we can't always get the bits we need to build a machine.

If you think this is the best way to get what I need I will try and get one built outside Libya and bring it in.

The budget would be in the high hundreds.

ZORMAN 21:31 02 May 2008

I see. The problem is I am in Libya and we can't always get the bits we need to build a machine.

If you think this is the best way to get what I need I will try and get one built outside Libya and bring it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?