I have recieved an email, this is doing the rounds again.
Unfortunately, a virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book WAS infected.
Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it in your computer too. My sincere apologies. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton, AVG or McAfee antivirus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:
YOU MUST DO THIS.
1. Go to start, Find or search option.
2. In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all subfolders and any other drives you may have. 4. Click "find now"
5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the Recycle Bin.
8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To Do This:
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means blind copy)
d) Copy this message and paste to e-mail
I have followed these direction sent by someone to me and was able to easily delete the virus. Sorry for the inconvenience.