jbond.chm

PA28 23:12 08 Sep 2004

Had some problems recently running XP Home - slow to start and delay in some actions. My sub to Norton Antivirus expired and I installed AVG fully updated. Ran a system scan and it detected a virus (believe it was Dialer 9N, though I can't find that listed as a virus).

Anyhow, cleared it out and went on to check remainder of system. A number of system files appeared to have been modified so these were repaired from the XP CD using SFC\Scannow.

Things seem better now but I note that a 19k file is present in the C:\ root directory under the name jbond.chm. This indicates a simple HTML help file. Clicking on it invites me to run d_jbond.exe which I am warned is not signed and has no known origin. Neither does it show up on a file search.

Can anyone tell me what jbond.chm is associated with and whether it is safe to delete?

stalion 23:26 08 Sep 2004

listed here click here

PA28 08:45 09 Sep 2004

Thanks. But this hasn't helped me understand what this file is unless I am missing something.

stalion 12:13 09 Sep 2004

it is used by a search engine that you have probably used sometime you should be able to delete it with no problems

PA28 14:33 09 Sep 2004

Thanks again. I will rename the directory and leave it there to see if I get any error messages. If not, then zap.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?