Javascript Void !

ANDY-212408 21:06 28 Mar 2006

When browsing the web i often attempt to open links and get either Javasript:void(0) command in the bottom line of window or if i try to open in a new window i get cannot connect to server - the page cannot be displayed and the javascript:void(0) appears in the address bar.

I get this on many different sites including microsoft update page.

I run win xp (SP2) with norton internet security 2006 and windows defender.

I realise this will be a settings issue but i have scanned these various programs and cannot seem to rectify. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction of what settings i should change or any other advice that may rectify this annoying issue.

Thanks
Arch

VoG II 21:09 28 Mar 2006

Try installing Sun Java click here

To check if it is working click here

ANDY-212408 22:34 28 Mar 2006

i have that installed already. I have checked it using your link and i'm told that it is operating correctly and the latest version is installed.

Any other possible solutions?

ACOLYTE 22:35 28 Mar 2006

You have a popup blocker stopping them?

Try clicking a link but hold down ctrl button first.

ade.h 22:40 28 Mar 2006

Java and Javascript are totally different things (click here) Javascript runs things like navbar rollovers, selection highlights, popups, etc.

You need to check your browser settings for scripts.

ANDY-212408 22:46 28 Mar 2006

what settings should i be looking for?? Have looked through settings and can't seem to rectify!

Acolyte - yes they do get blocked and i use the ctrl button. This problem is more devious and frustrating. :-(

ade.h 23:03 28 Mar 2006

For Firefox, enter about:config and you'll find more detailed stuff in there. For IE, someone else will have to tell you; I haven't used it in ages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?