Javascript still not working in XP pro...

User-367759E1-9114-481F-B005EBD0DB666035 17:11 23 Sep 2003

Having a bit of a paddy at the moment as I have lost the ability to open many javascript links in webpages.

This has happened since I reinstalled XP pro with the "new" service pack (Java removed) but I have done two things; installed service pack 1 which replaced the original Java in windows (as it was before the legal battle ) and also installed Sun Java console.

The main problem is opening links such as the "more info" on the simply website click here if you click these a small window should open but it does not.

I also use a online database that uses Java and I have been through this with their support staff to no avail - all the internet options and settings on their PC were the same as mine. The only solution seems to be to remove and reinstall IE and then the facility comes back, but only for a short while before stopping again.

Norton Personal Firewall is installed but no other problems and the java applets will still not run even with Norton disabled.

Help..................

mark500 17:45 23 Sep 2003

Have you tried Tools - Internet Options - Security .Go to custom level and set the Java Permissions there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017