javascript menu in firefox

Fullywired 21:15 19 Aug 2006

hi guys.

i have recently designes the following site click here and in internet explorer the site works perfectly, however, when viewed in Firefox the javascript menu does not show which is the main page navigation. how do i fix this?

Regards

Fully

ade.h 21:21 19 Aug 2006

When I allowed your URL in NoScript, it looked fine, with flyouts and highlights. What is slightly odd - and potentially a functional show stopper - is that with scripts blocked, there was no navigation bar at all.

ade.h 21:21 19 Aug 2006
  Fullywired 21:23 19 Aug 2006

is there anything i can do so that it automatically shows in firefox?

ade.h 21:29 19 Aug 2006

I don't know - I have never had this problem before. The first part of your navbar shouldn't involve scripts; the scripts just control the highlights/hovers and flyouts. I'll check your code and see if anything obvious comes to light, but I don't do very much javascript coding.

Fullywired 21:32 19 Aug 2006

well to be honest i dont know much of it myself, i had a program make it for me so no knowledge was needed. do you need the code or can you get is from the site?

Regards

Fully

ade.h 21:33 19 Aug 2006

I see that you have used the AllWebMenus script builder, and this appears to be your problem; I think you should have a go at doing the js yourself, so that you can stick with conventional code (XHTML or whatever you use) for the navbar itself.

ade.h 21:35 19 Aug 2006

Missed your post there. Yes, I was able to view your code; it's just a right-click away with Firefox. Also, I use the DCOM Inspector tool, which is quite useful.

ade.h 21:36 19 Aug 2006

My bad typing: I meant DOM, not DCOM.

Fullywired 21:38 19 Aug 2006

okay thanks for the help! no way i could be able to code it myself, what about editing it to exclude things about allwebmenus?

Regards

Fully

ade.h 23:03 19 Aug 2006

Hmmm: I'm not sure that doing that would, in itself, cure it.

If you don't use a wysiwyg editor (DW/NOF/etc.) then, hand coding your js and html/xhtml is the best way. Wedging in off-the-shelf code is not necessarily a good solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone