Javascript & E-Mail ?

KW2K 10:55 27 Nov 2004

Hello ! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to carry out the following task: On my web site I have a form which can be filled in with various details, then when the submit button is clicked, I want the contents of the form to be e-mailed to my account. I'm sure it can be done with javascript, but don't know how ! Any advice on this much appreciated !!

Regards.

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:13 27 Nov 2004

you simply use the mailto: command, but this may cause a pop up warning to the user that they are allowing their email address to be known.

You would be better off using a simple PHP script (providing you host allows PHP).

KW2K 11:22 27 Nov 2004

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have used the "mailto" command and it does pop up a window, this will be ok for the purpose i want to use it for, however it still does NOT attach the contents of the form to the e-mail, any ideas ?

Thanks Again !

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:54 27 Nov 2004

but I always use PHP on my sites. You could also use CGI scripts, your host may supply a ready to run library of these, but to customise to your own input use PHP.

KW2K 23:18 27 Nov 2004

ok, first of all,i'm trying to find out what php does ! Just learning HTML at the moment! Secondly, how would i integrate this into my html code ? and thirdly, what code do i use ? my domain hosting supports php. Any info on this much appreciated !
Cheers !

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:14 28 Nov 2004

Take up too much space here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017