javascript

kaz85 15:48 24 Jan 2006

hi, everytime i try to get on the river island website it says
'unfortunately your browser cannot read javascript, which is needed to view this site

please update your browser to the latest version'

my laptop is new (2months old). does anyody know what the problem is??

Also whenever my brother tries to sign into msn messenger it says 'the service is busy please try later' but whenever he uses the laptop at the neighours on their connection it connects even if it is straight after!

any help is appreciated!

Skyver 15:59 24 Jan 2006

Get Java click here

kaz85 16:09 24 Jan 2006

i already have java installed already off that website. river island is the only website i have problems with.

ade.h 16:54 24 Jan 2006

Java and javascript are slightly different things. Java runs multimedia content applets, while javascript operates more mundane things like form submission buttons, pop-up windows, etc. Most javascript operations do not require additional plug-ins, hence every broswer's javascript settings.

kaz85 - tell us what browser you are using and someone will be able to tell you how to enable the appropriate javascript permissions. You won't require any downloads, though you may like to get Sun Java anyway.

ade.h 16:57 24 Jan 2006

I have just tested the site click here and once I configured NoScript to allow that URL, all was fine. It is simply a script permissons issue.

octal 18:02 24 Jan 2006

This site will test your JavaScript click here

And this one will test Java Sun click here

ade.h 19:46 24 Jan 2006

Running octal's javascript test should show that it is not enabled to the degree that the River Island site requires to function. If you tell us what browser you have been using, we can tell you what to do.

kaz85 20:07 24 Jan 2006

on the javascript test it says my browser supports javascript 1.3
i use microsoft internet explorer or run my browser through aol but neither will work with river island.

ade.h 20:19 24 Jan 2006

I suggest you get Firefox. The River Island site works with that, as I said above.

kaz85 20:36 24 Jan 2006

i have downloaded and installed firefox bbutit still wont let me on the river island website

ade.h 20:54 24 Jan 2006

Works fine for me. I think your settings need a tweak. You can't expect a browser's default settings to work 100% of the time.

I've just tried the River Island site again; still works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?