Java/flash player help

HOLLYBEAR 22:09 01 Feb 2007

I try to view videos on youtube and I get the message that I either have Java script turned off or an old version of Macromedia flash player.
I Install the latest flash player and delete the old version - I get the message that I have successfully installed the flash player. Next I reboot but every time I go back to youtube it says the same thing that I nedd to install the latest flash player or turn on Java script.

Can someone please run through how my Java script should be configure to make sure it is correct please ?

skidzy 22:22 01 Feb 2007

Flashplayer for IE and Firefox click here

skidzy 22:50 01 Feb 2007

Youtube and Flashplayer is reknown for this problem,however the link ive posted normally sorts this out.

Try this for your Javascript click here if this comes back failed,post back.

anskyber 23:00 01 Feb 2007

For some people (including me) it is necessary to uninstall Flashplayer using the Adobe tool before a fresh reinstall which will work. click here

skidzy 23:03 01 Feb 2007

Hi Anskyber hope your well,i was getting to that if the Filehippo link did not solve the issue. :-))

Strange this common problem,why the Filehippo link works for some and not others like yourself.

anskyber 23:32 01 Feb 2007

Hi! yes thanks.

Sorry did not mean to intrude! It is odd, the more I learn about these things the less I realise I know, at least there is here to turn to.

Stuartli 01:27 02 Feb 2007

I use both Firefox (for 95 per cent or more of the time) and Internet Explorer with YouTube and both play videos from the website as expected.

I have both versions of Flash Player on my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?