Java Script turned off or an old version of flash

paradiddle1984 16:14 07 May 2007

Hi all,

I keep getting this message on you tube when i click through to watcha video? It was fine the other day but now i can't watch anything.

I've re-downlaoded flash player several times and as far as I'm aware I have java script enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

gudgulf 16:38 07 May 2007

It happens a lot.......and when it does use this version of Flash player click here

That usually fixes things.

L_Driver 17:11 07 May 2007

I was just about to raise this issue when I saw this posting. I`m having the same diff. on desktop system tho all OK on Laptop. Checked IE7 settings ( compared Lap + Desk ) and all are the same. Tried different versions of Flash Player ( 2 variations of vers 9 and also Ver 8 ). Still get message on youtube as per paulcomp.

rdave13 17:18 07 May 2007

Try uninstalling flash click here and reinstall.

paradiddle1984 20:30 07 May 2007

cheers everyone, fantastic

L_Driver 21:06 07 May 2007

paulcomp.. did you uninstall and re-install as per Rdave13 ?

rdave13 21:19 07 May 2007

Uninstall flash player using above link and then reinstall from here, click here .
If you use Firefox or Opera browsers they will automatically ask you to download the neccessary add-on.

L_Driver 11:16 08 May 2007

I have done as per above. Used Adobe supplied Flash uninstaller then d/loaded Flash 9 from Adobe site ( well attempted to ! ). What happens is the d/load starts, I select to allow Active X install. The d/load then appears to start again. At any rate from C/Panel I can see 2 instances of FP installed ( 1 Labelled Flash Player, 2nd labelled Flash Player 9 ). Looking in further details the 2nd is vers 9, the 1st is ver 9.0.45.0 At any rate for some reason install NOT taking and No youtube video playing. At my wits end. Have also ( Very inadvisably ) disabled Zone Alarm and McAfee AV while attempting install. Did not help. Any advice welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017