Java script error

roza44 20:25 06 Jul 2010

I was sick of IE always not responding, so I downloaded firefox. I have used this now for a couple of weeks without problems, but now all of a sudden i get this error message every time I try to do anything.

Java script application. we're sorry there was an error. Description:Component returned failure code 0x80004005 (ns_error_failure) [ns1string bundle. Format string from name] occured when we did C24 extension. overlay ondomcontentloaded.

If it isn't that one, it's this one.

Components returned failure code:0x8052000e(ns_error_file_is_locked)(mozistoragestate menp.execute?

As far as I can see I don't kow what the problem is because everything seems to work just fine. It's a nuisance having this box pop up so frequently. Can any one please advise?

johndrew 15:29 07 Jul 2010

Go to `Tools/Options/Content` and ensure `Enable JavaScript` is ticked.

If you are running `NoScript`, or similar, you may well find that some pages will need to be `Allowed` to display correctly.

roza44 16:02 07 Jul 2010

Thank you for replying. I have checked it out and it is ticked. This box seemed to be popping up all the time, but I have realized it is only when I 1st open my home page (which is yahoo) or after I have done something else then returned to home page.

johndrew 16:28 07 Jul 2010

Is your home page supported by Firefox? Some sites will only display properly (or sometimes at all) in IE.

roza44 16:31 07 Jul 2010

I presume so because it does open up as usual, I never see anything wrong and was OK for a couple of weeks before this started happening.

johndrew 11:14 08 Jul 2010

I have tried the Yahoo Home page with no problems.

If it worked for you before then perhaps you may have changed/disabled/uninstalled an element needed for its function. Perhaps it is worth downloading and installing a fresh copy of Java click here

roza44 12:25 08 Jul 2010

I tried installin java agin, but didn't make any difference. The thing is it does open up, there is nothing what so ever wrong with my home page. It's just this annoying little box telling me there is a problem,that I have to click on every time. But there is'nt a problem with it.

johndrew 15:09 08 Jul 2010

If all is displaying correctly but you get an error message it could be another piece of software causing the problem. I found these
click here
click here
click here

The first seems to be exactly your problem. I suggest your read through it to determine if you have the same set-up and if so follow the suggestions and actions - it appears to work satisfactorily.

roza44 16:25 09 Jul 2010

I'm afraid I can't make head nor tail of those links. I don't have a problem with this on laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?