The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded.

The Bard 16:25 15 Jan 2007

When I try to view my website, I get the above error message. If I click on ok, each page then throws up "several Java Virtual Machines in the same process caused an error". I have 'Googled' these and tried everything I found (or at least what I understood), but no help. Viewing before uploading is perfect. Other computers have no problem.

rawprawn 18:22 15 Jan 2007

Uninstall anything that is showing in Add/Remove programs and then install
click here

rawprawn 18:24 15 Jan 2007
  The Bard 14:25 16 Jan 2007

I have done that and even run a registry cleaning tool, but no difference.

beynac 14:45 16 Jan 2007

It's possible that you still have the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM) installed, although I don't see why this would cause your problem. To check, Go to Start > Run > type "cmd" in the text box. Type "jview" in the command prompt.(don't include the quote marks in either case).

If you get an error message: you don't have MSJVM
If you get information about the version etc: you do have MSJVM.

If you have it, it is a good idea to remove it as it is a security risk.

Tutotial for uninstalling MSJVM: click here

beynac 14:48 16 Jan 2007

Tutotial should be Tutorial.

The Bard 17:13 16 Jan 2007

Tried, but got message "could not locate INF file 'java.inf'" so presumably not installed.

beynac 17:33 16 Jan 2007

Well,at least you can eliminate that! Have you tried emptying your Java cache?

The Bard 17:37 16 Jan 2007

Er what's that?

beynac 18:21 16 Jan 2007

It's temporary Java files. Click on the Java icon in Windows Control Panel to open the Java Control Panel. Click on the General tab. Under Temporary Internet Files, click on the Settings button. Click on the Delete Files button to clear the cache.

It would also be worth reducing the amount of disk space allowed or untick the "Keep temporary files on my computer" box.

The Bard 19:24 16 Jan 2007

Have done that (couldn't find "keep temporary files...") but has made no difference I'm afraid. I am on IE7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?