java problems

mern 13:25 08 Jul 2006

I cannot get java to work on click here. I have tested my system (firefox) as recommended in previous forums and it has been confirmed that Java is uptodate on my XP. I have ensured that Java is enabled in firefox(and also IE which I have tried). I thought it might be Zone Alarm even though Java was in my trusted zones. Accordingly I disabled ZA and still no joy. All I get is "applet started" and then nothing. I know that tidemill site is ok as my friend accesses it without a problem. Where have I gone wrong

john-232317 15:40 08 Jul 2006

Have you tried to download java again ?

click here

ade.h 17:59 08 Jul 2006

No part of that site actually has any Java content - as far as I can see. The Propspeed site (last link) does, and that works fine.

There's no javascript either, but I assume that this is just a design choice.

mern 07:27 09 Jul 2006

thanks for your commnts ade.h Can you access live pictures of the marina. I am uncertain as to your reference to Propspeed, could you kindly explain. I can access the camera control buttons but only get still pictures

ade.h 14:41 09 Jul 2006

The Propspeed site (the last link in the navbar...) has a javascript applet (not a Java applet) on its index page, which runs those active images. If you can see that, then you know that the problem is not at your end. If you are ever unsure about what kind of content a page contains, view its source code.

I'll look at the marina pics now and let you know.

ade.h 14:49 09 Jul 2006

Right, I've had a look - or tried to - and it's impossible to tell via a code checker whether there is Java or javascript involved because the page does not even begin to load. Though the latter would be more likely if pictures are involved. For example, javascript is used when rotating between images in a placeholder. It's on a seperate IP as well, which is odd; no actual domain name. This behaviour suggests that there may be a problem with domain name resolution at their end.

mern 15:23 09 Jul 2006

Thanks again ade.h Will just have to be satisfied with a run up to Woodbridge, which if you have never visited is well worth the effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?