Java do I need it?

gel 21:07 31 Mar 2005

Hello
I previously posted a question Java what is it ?
and I had a good responce and I understand Java a little more.
Now I find that having updated Java I have 2 entries J2SE runtime environments 5.0( size 71.76MB) and J2SE runtime environments 5.0 update 2 (size 117.00MB)These programmes are rather large-so my question is do I need Java
I shall be grateful for a comment
Thank you
gel

Paranoid Android 21:10 31 Mar 2005

Certain web-based apps require Java runtime to be installed. If you remove Java runtime they simply won't work until you re-install it. There is relatively little risk in removing it because it can easily be re-installed later.

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:10 31 Mar 2005

Certain web-based apps require Java runtime to be installed. If you remove Java runtime they simply won't work until you re-install it. There is relatively little risk in removing it because it can easily be re-installed later.

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:11 31 Mar 2005

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:11 31 Mar 2005

Sorry about that.

mattyc_92 21:13 31 Mar 2005

Short answer??? mostly YES, you do need it...

Dan the Doctus 21:18 31 Mar 2005

Yup, keep it as a lot of websites require it to be installed. You can test your installation of Java by going to click here

Paranoid Android 21:18 31 Mar 2005

My comments assumed that you are talking about Java runtime environment (J2SE) not Java support in web browsers.

Marv

Jak_1 21:30 31 Mar 2005

Make sure you have the Sun Java and not the microshaft version.

click here gives all the info you need.

gel 07:23 01 Apr 2005

Thanks for all your comments Yes it is Java runtime environment (J2SE) and update that I have installed.The test suggested by'Dan the Doctus' confirmed this.
Very grateful
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?