jammed emails

DASONIA 17:57 18 Nov 2008

I use Outlook Express 6 with Panda anti virus.Almost every day when I download my emails one of them gets jammed and I have to go into my ISP (Orange) website to delete the offending item.I have looked at the emails which are causing the problem and there doesn't seem to be any common link apart from the fact they are invariably spam. They are not particularly large, don't have attachments and cover a wide range of subjects from different senders. If it only happened now and again I wouldn't be worried but as I say it is nearly every day.Has anybody suffered similarly or if anyone know the cause and/or cure I would be greatly obliged.

Many thanks

wee eddie 18:01 18 Nov 2008

Just a thought. It maybe that you have reached your "storage limit".

If this is the case, you need to set the ISP to Delete e-mails that have been up-loaded to you.

DASONIA 22:35 18 Nov 2008

Hi Wee Eddie
No - the inbox has plenty of room. Also the jammed email could be anywhere in the list of emails to be downloaded ie first or anywhere in the middle.
Thanks anyway

DASONIA

natdoor 15:55 19 Nov 2008

Are these jammed e-mails not being downloaded because of lost connection to the ISP?

In dial-up days, I encountered this with e-mail with large attachments. I used to get drop-outs fairly frequently and, as those already downloaded were sent again on a subsequent attempt to access e-mails, it was catch 22. I did as you are doing and deleted them via the web (mail2web). I soon got into the habit of screening e-mails before downloading via O.E. so that spam could be deleted. You seem to be doing this, is it such a bind?

Possibly Tools > Accounts > Select account > Advanced > and increase tolerance of server time-outs might help.

DASONIA 17:45 28 Nov 2008

Thanks natdoor and Marg7
I have now moved from Orange / Wanadoo to Talktalk using Windows Live Hotmail and also replaced Panda with Antivir. I have only completed it today so do not know whether problem has disappeared. Thanks anyway for your suggestions - I may be back.
I have started a new stream with a problem I have moving old emails from my ex Wanadoo account to my new Hotmail account. If you have any suggestions on that I would me very appreciative.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?