J is not a valid win32application....

Goldy. 20:33 04 Sep 2006

Hi.I've reformatted my computer and installed windows xp with sp2.I have 2 hd's,a dvd rom & a dvd writer.I also have an internal usb card reader.The drives are c&d for the hd's and should be E&F for the opticals.However the card reader is coming up as E,F,G&H WITH THE OPTICALS READING I&J in my computer.I,ve installed programs ok up until last night when the message "J is not a valid win32 application" showed up and would'nt let me access the dvd drive.I then tried the other optical drive with the same result,except the drive this time reading I.Anyone here any ideas.This one baffles me.Help...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:37 04 Sep 2006

Not a valid win32 Application
click here

Goldy. 21:54 04 Sep 2006

Its not a compatability question as I've installed a few programs using both drives.The discs were all clean-no scratches,smudges or smears.I removed the usb reader and restarted,hoping this would cause any error to correct itself,no use .I've even tried renaming the drives but nothing seems to work.I dont want to wipe it as I've only just set it up.Any more suggestions please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?