I've lost Firefox

Muergo 10:59 23 Sep 2010

While cleaning up my PC I decided to delete i Tunes using Revo uninstaller, but somehow ticked a wrong box at the remnants clearout stage and so lost Firefox screen.
Everything is there hidden, I can acces a lot of it via IE8

It still appears on the desktop but won't open,

I know I can reinstall it but I had several customised toolbars with all my shortcuts and all the plugins and add-ons so it would be tedious to reinstate them one by one.

Tried System Restore but it won't work, even going back three days or more and in Safe Mode.

birdface 11:23 23 Sep 2010

Try Start.Search and type in Firefox and see if it still finds it.
If so click on the install Icon on it and see if it reinstalls.

Muergo 10:29 24 Sep 2010

I could not use Mozilla backup because I couldn't access any part of it to get to my profile.

I have now reinstalled it but it's just done a clean reinstall and lost my bookmarks although they may be somewhere but I don't know where.

I tried getting them to move across to IE but no go.

sunnystaines 10:55 24 Sep 2010

have to looked in widows explorer for the bookmarks folder?

Muergo 11:11 24 Sep 2010

Opened Windows Explorer, lots of items in there, where would it be hiding?

I wouldn't worry normally if it was a short list, but it had about 200 and I constantly referred to it.

Also I have a backup on Acronis if I knew where the bookmarks were.

KremmenUK 11:12 24 Sep 2010

Have you got a 'Favorites' folder (note the US spelling)

Muergo 11:19 24 Sep 2010

I have a Favourites folder and I tried to import the bookmarks but it didn't work, the Favorites don't have even a quarter of the bookmarks as I mainly use FF and not IE.

birdface 11:38 24 Sep 2010

Try this.

click here

lotvic 12:52 24 Sep 2010

Mine are all stored in C:\Documents and Settings\lotvic\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\734rs7d7.default

and this mozilla knowledge base article will help you restore your profile click here

lotvic 13:03 24 Sep 2010

If you just want the bookmarks - I found this:
"The .json files can be restored in Firefox through Bookmarks>Organise Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Restore

They are to be found in /home/USER/.mozilla/firefox/********.default/bookmarkbackups
(the ******** will be a mix of lower case characters and numbers)"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017