I've been told to Activate win xp

Zebrapec 18:30 28 Nov 2006

Hi, due to a big problem on the original motherboard, I had to change it. I obtained a secondhand Abit V10 which worked well until today and MS told me, 'due to a big change in the hardware since you last activated your win xp, you need to obtain a new key within 3 days.
Ok so I pressed NEXT and tried to get the region I am in , but it would not work! and going to MS confirmed they are having problems and to try later.
I'll phone them up then, so this is the problem, does anyone know, please what the telephone number is in this country?

alB 18:42 28 Nov 2006

this information might help...How to activate Windows XP by phone
To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.
3. Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
4. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

Note The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.
5. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
You have successfully activated your copy of Windows. ...alB

rdave13 18:45 28 Nov 2006
  Miké 18:47 28 Nov 2006

click here& Appears to be free for the first two problems (as long as not oem).

CALDOW 20:48 29 Nov 2006

Its a free number 0800 0188354 i used it 10 days ago and on previous occasions. Jim

CALDOW 20:51 29 Nov 2006

Its a free number 0800 0188354 i used it 10 days ago and on previous occasions. Jim

Zebrapec 21:57 29 Nov 2006

thanks for the help, I rung them up, and no trouble, they gave me an activation number to enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?