iTVC16 CX24316

aboutit 20:22 31 Aug 2007

I have just reformatted my sony vaio desktop model VGC-M1 and installed the drivers etc from sony. The device manager is showing mpegencoder as unknown device when I checked this is the iTVC16 CX24316 Conexant . When I try to install this from the Sony site my system records a serious system error
.can anyone advise me how i can install this and where from many thanks

ambra4 21:04 31 Aug 2007

When you say install from the Sony site???

Did you download the Original Drivers Package and the Original Utilities Package?

ambra4 21:12 31 Aug 2007

On Sony site

Drivers and Utilities that can be downloaded from this page are the ones that were originally installed on your VAIO. They are not updates.

Depending on your unit Preinstalled drivers, utilities and applications can also be found on your recovery CDs/DVDs or/and hard disk drive (C:\Drivers and C:\Utilities).

Not all Sony and third party applications can be downloaded directly as they are copyrighted. They can be installed from the hard disk. More info...

If you deleted the recovery partition and you did not create any recovery discs, contact VAIO-Link.

The drivers and utilities on this page may be included in a single package (zip file)

click here

aboutit 13:14 02 Sep 2007

the first thin g i did was go to the Sony site i have already downloaded preinstalled drivers and utilities. without the mpegencoder iTVC16 CX24316 utilities canot be installed. does anyone know where i can download this driver from as the one from sony causes an error meessage

Raybo58 13:49 07 Dec 2007

Had the same problem for many months. Finally found the drivers.

Go here...

click here

click on Zap TV->1100->Your OS

Unzip the file, don't run Setup.exe.

Just go to the drivers folder and run the executable in the folder representing your system.

Downloaded the Vista drivers and it worked perfect on my XP x64 system.

Of course these are just the hardware drivers. You still need tuner software to make it work.

I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Yuan DVD Encoder software from their Japanese website before they took down the support section.

It works perfectly as a Tuner/Recorder, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. There are tons of links to to files called the Yuan DVD Encoder VDO smart tools and other flavors of their DVD Encoder, but so far none of the ones I've tried work.

The one I got that did work was labeled PG600_Y3506104R.zip and is about 23 megs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?