itunes/outlook/file missing/outlook data/pst file

squirrelface 11:06 16 Oct 2011

I have accidentially deleted an outlook file off the laptop and I keep getting error messages about pst files and being asked for my password for outlook data files. This happens everytim I sync my iphone with itunes and its very annoying.

What can I do to resolve this? I probably need the files restored and I have tried this but it hasn't worked. I bought MS office witht he laptop and I can't remeber if it came with a CD or not. I have the box but there isb't a product key. I was thinking of uninstalling MS office and reinstalling in hope that all the files would reappear?

I don't use outlook. I use Google Mail, calendars and contacts but in itunes it automatically tries to sync everything with outlook despite me unticking the options.

Please can someone help me???

gengiscant 11:31 16 Oct 2011

1.Open iTunes.

2.Connect your iPod and wait for it to appear under Devices.

3.Select your iPod. This displays the iPod Preferences.

4.Click the Info tab.

5.Select the "Synchronize contacts from" checkbox and remove tick.

6.Click Apply.

Remove outlook

squirrelface 14:06 16 Oct 2011

Hi thanks for that but I have done what you suggest in itunes. I will try removing Outlook completely? Is this dangerous??

squirrelface 14:06 16 Oct 2011

Sorry i didn't mention that what you suggest in itunes which i have done it doesn't work. I can't alter the itunes setting at all, argh

gengiscant 14:59 16 Oct 2011

I will try removing Outlook completely? Is this dangerous??

No.

I can't alter the itunes setting at all

Please explain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?