Itunes/Ipod help please.

prodway 10:20 01 Apr 2007

Hi,

Ive noticed on my itunes that it only counts the number of tracks played on itunes,this also apllies to the ratings.Ive added ratings on my ipod and expected itunes to pick up on this,aswell as my playcounts,from my ipod after resyncing but this is not the case.is there a way to do this?any ideas would great.Hope this makes sense.

eg.4 plays on my ipod and 3 plays on itunes make 7 plays but itunes only shows 3 plays.

Cheers

Paul.

ps.Ive tried the itunes help forom,but it not very helpful.

Frosty120 19:32 08 Nov 2007

I'm thinking of getting an ipod, but the ability to sync playcounts with the computer is a selling point for me.
So I'm interested to see if the iPod is capable.
Not an answer, but I second your question and hopefully this will bump the thread up to the attention of sombody in the know!
Maybe Steve Jobs?

Frosty120 19:19 03 Jan 2008

I've got an iPod now and it's working for me.

When you sync iPod, iTunes gives a syncing bar at the top and tells you how many tracks still need to sync. When the bar gets to 100% it disappears, but 'syncing' still shows for about 10minutes or so.
My guess is that iPod syncs the playcounts during this time, so if you eject it as soon as all the tracks transfer it might not work properly.
Try leaving your iPod plugged in to iTunes for a while after you transfer the music, see what happens.

Hope this is of some use.
Let me know.
Happy new year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?