iTunes will not load properly

twitcher 18:13 10 Feb 2014

A neighbour has asked for my help as he has had problems accessing his iTunes library on his Windows 7 computer. Having explained that I do not have an iPlayer or any experience of the iTunes software I tried to load the program but got the following message:-

Program: C\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C Runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the applicant's support team for more information.

I tried to activate the iTunes.exe file but received the message:-

iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes Error 7 (Windows error 1114)

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it from the installation CD but still received the same message but with the following additional message:-

iTunes The file iTunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes

As the iTunes software was completely uninstalled, including the iTunes library file, and completely reinstalled from disc I am at a loss to understand what's happening. Can anybody help please?

Woolwell 18:16 10 Feb 2014

The CD version is probably out of date. iTunes is regularly updated and a recent update has caused problems for some. You should download and install it from here.

john bunyan 19:38 10 Feb 2014

Also see here. Some had problems with a recent iTunes up date. See my solution which worked.

iTunes thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?