Itunes Music on XP and a Back-up process ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:50 01 Aug 2008

Need to reinstall XP Home on my older laptop with XP Home, I got a Ipod and use Itunes v7 but do not want to loose any of my music or library. Is there a way to actually back-up itunes music and then put it back in My Music - Itunes folder with no loss ?

I did find something similar on Itunes website but it didnt seem to mention back-up things.

Giggle n' Bits 09:46 02 Aug 2008

I will try again as I posted fairly late last night. I am going to have to re-install XP Home SP2.

I have a 80GB Ipod using Itunes v7. I need to be able to back-up/Save all my music in Itunes inc libary so I can put it back onto my machine when windows is re-installed again.

Does anyone happen to know which article at Apple support does what i am asking as I now have 3 options and unsure which is the correct procedure.

I greatfully Appreciate any help offered.

keverne 10:10 02 Aug 2008

Same as moving it to a new PC

click here

Giggle n' Bits 10:19 02 Aug 2008

U Star !!!

I found 3 different options, inc this one but the wording in the other 2 put me off and confused me. American Lingo to blame I would say, but the title in your link says what I require.

Thank U, I will try it later after shopping trip.

Giggle n' Bits 15:26 03 Aug 2008

So far followed the instruction and made the back-up to the Ipod. Will be restoring back shortley hope everything works.

Giggle n' Bits 22:23 04 Aug 2008

Yep it worked !!!!

Chuffed, all my tunes intact. Must say the instructions micing MAC with Windows was a little poor but reading ahead then going back made it more sense. At least my tunes are safe

So thanks daconnor U Star for link and help. Much Appreciated !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017