iTunes - Links Broken on Upgrade

woodpecker 20:00 15 Mar 2006

Hello
I am using WinXP with iTunes. iTunes has about 30GB of music on there. Here is my problem, every time I update iTunes it seems to 'loose some of my songs'. They are still there but to play them again I am prompted with a popup box to find them again. As this happens to several hundred songs each time I update I am getting pretty pig sick of it and Apple too! I have found that it is most often songs that have been imported from my CD collection which have a track number in the tag which it looses. However it does happen sometimes to ones with simply ID tags saying the name of the song and the band and nothing else. In a similar vain I find that it sometimes 'forgets' which genre I have picked for a track and goes to unknown> and needs to be reset??? Am I the only one with this problem, has anyone found out what causes it and most importantly what solves it? Well I updated last night to 6.04 and once again have about 150 tracks showing with an little exclamation mark to indicate a broken link so was hoping to find a solution before I have to repair them again manually one by one - help please!
Woodpecker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?