iTunes library file - can I get it back from iPod

chrismuir 23:55 02 Apr 2006

Hi

Stupidly deleted a load of files out of my music folder, including the iTunes library file - and emptied the recycle bin as well. Is there a way I can get this back off my iPod or do I need to reload all the music files that are stored on my PC into iTunes??

Cheers

Chris

baldtaco 08:57 03 Apr 2006

"# If your songs were accidentally moved or deleted, you’ll see an exclamation point next to the song name. Double-click the song, and then click Locate to try to find the song or video on your hard drive."

"# Finding songs on a PC: Click Search from the Start menu. Click All Files and folders. In the "All or part of the file name" field, type ".m4p or .mp4" and then click Search. If you see the songs or videos you are looking for in the Search Results window, you can add them back into your iTunes library."

"# Finding songs on a Mac: In Finder, choose Find from the File menu (if using Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, you can click the Spotlight menu instead). Type "m4p" as the search term to find music. Click Search (Spotlight automatically searches as you type, and does not have a Search button). If you see the songs you are looking for in the Search Results window, you can add them back into your iTunes library. To search for videos, use "mp4" as the search term. If you see the videos you are looking for in the Search Results window, you can add them back into your iTunes library."

"# If none of the above work, try dragging your iTunes folder back into iTunes. This will rebuild your library, in case your iTunes library file was accidentally deleted or corrupted."

"# If you’ve performed regular backups of your music and videos, just insert your backup CD or DVD into your computer, and drag the songs and videos you want to recover to your iTunes Library."

click here

chrismuir 14:24 03 Apr 2006

Thanks. I still had the iTunes music files as I don't store them in the 'my music' folder. Dragged them back into iTunes and they imported ok, so all i've lost are the playlists - well I needed to redo some of them anyhow!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone