iTunes keeps starting up on it's own

DJM 10:26 30 Mar 2006

I have a PC running Windows XP and iTunes version 6.0.4.2

When I am typing in any programme (Word, an email, in a website textbox etc.) iTunes keeps opening on it's own. It is driving me mad! It does it at least once every sentence and when it opens it becomes the active programme and so I have deleted songs on occasions by mistake if I have been deleting what I was typing.

As far as I know I haven't changed any of my PC settings or iTunes settings.

Please help - I am trying to write a dissertation and will have to uninstall iTunes if I can't work out what is happening!

Thanks

Dibsy

DJM 09:14 31 Mar 2006

I'm replying to my own message in the hope that someone sees it today and can help.

This morning I have unistalled iTunes and reinstalled it from the disk that came with the iPod. The problem is still there (just typing this it has opened about 10 times!). I've had the iPod a few months but this problem has only cropped up in the last week or so.

Thanks

Dibsy

DJM 10:18 31 Mar 2006

Is it possible that it could be something to do with my keyboard rather than the PC itself?

Genius1 10:35 31 Mar 2006

Try disabling iTunes from starting up automatically when the system starts. Type 'msconfig' into the Run dialogue box and click on the 'Startup' tab. Uncheck anything associated with iTunes and see if that helps.

DJM 11:08 31 Mar 2006

Thanks for the suggestion Genius1.

I have swapped the keyboard for an old one and it is now working perfectly so I don't know what all that is about. I only thought to do it as when I typed very slowly iTunes didn't open and when I typed fast it did. Very peculiar.

Dibsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?