iTunes Help

sarjane 07:51 19 Oct 2007

Hi Guys - I recently tried to clear some space off my C Drive and accidently deleted "Quickstart" as didnt realise this was needed for iTunes!!!!

Do I have to reload the whole of iTunes back on? Alternatively can I just install the Quickstart bit again and if so how??

Also I now have about 3 copies of iTunes installed on my computer - how do I clear this up and remove them without losing all the music saved???

Any help appreciated.....

eedcam 08:53 19 Oct 2007

You could download quicktime on its own or with the latests version of Itunes click here

FatboySlim71 09:02 19 Oct 2007

Do you not mean Quicktime?

If so then this can be downloaded from here click here

When you say "I now have about 3 copies of iTunes installed on my computer" I presume that these are different versions, i.e. Older versions, if so then just uninstall the two older versions and leave the remaining newest version installed.

Also the music for iTunes is installed in the folder MY MUSIC, so to be doubly sure just back this folder up prior to doing the above, also included in the MY MUSIC folder are the library files for iTunes, these are basically the list of albums/songs etc that you have been installed on the iPod.

sarjane 15:50 19 Oct 2007

Thanks - can I delete ALL iTunes off and just leave the music files in the "My Music" folder and then install iTunes from scratch OR will this run the risk of losing all my music or never getting iTunes to sync with my ipod???

FatboySlim71 22:37 19 Oct 2007

You could "delete ALL iTunes off and just leave the music files in the "My Music" folder and then install iTunes from scratch"

The best thing to do though is to make a backup copy of the "MY MUSIC" folder.

If you were to uninstall ALL iTunes and then reinstall, your iPod would still sync with iTunes, providing that you restarted the PC (thats if you were notified to do so) after the reinstall of iTunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?