Itunes firing up Outlook

awest3 17:46 06 Sep 2010

After downloading the latest version of Itunes Its started to fire up Outlook as well..! It appears to be an addin placed in Outlook by Itunes. My problem is that if I switch this off Outlook hangs and I have to kill it by stopping the process. Itunes also says it cannot sync with my Ipod....I must have switched something on/off but I don't know what...any help to rid of this annoyance would be appreciated.

awest3 17:56 06 Sep 2010

forgot to mention that if I do remove the addin when I next start Itunes it goes into configuration mode and puts it back...this is very annoying..! how do I stop this...maybe reinstall version 9..?

awest3 18:11 06 Sep 2010

Ive tried firing up itunes from the start button and also from run 'itunes.exe'..same results it starts outlook... Can't find any place in Itunes to stop this....

anniesboy 18:49 06 Sep 2010

There is a lot of others with this problem ,see this link from Apple Forum.click here
Sorry I cant help ,mine installed OK but I use GMail

awest3 08:42 07 Sep 2010

looks like Apple cocked up big time on this....I'll wait for them to come up with a fix..

thanks for the link

awest3 15:03 07 Sep 2010

it just gets betterer and betterer...Outlook now starts..Itunes......as well as the other way round...

awest3 13:52 19 Sep 2010

I found that if you take off sync via the ipod menu it stop itunes from firing up outlook.

john bunyan 15:27 19 Sep 2010

Interesting feedback. I have two libraries and 3 iPods who use them, so i Tunes is always set to manually synch.

awest3 17:03 19 Sep 2010

Not sure if its different..(didn't explain myself very well) but I meant the sync for outlook calenders..The sync for the music is still on...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?