itunes blocked by avg 8.2 (Free version)

SallyC 11:53 29 Sep 2009

Hi
Just bought partner a new (old) laptop & am trying to download itunes but avg keeps blocking it saying it's an unsafe site. I clicked the 'open anyway' option, filled out the registration details but avg then returned to a blank registration form.
Any ideas how to circumnavigate this - should I drop the security level.
Also is there a serious problem with the itunes site - I did search the forums & only came up with a thread dated 2006.
Thanks
SallyC

oldbeefer2 12:02 29 Sep 2009

Certainly no problems with the itunes site. I have had problems when downloading albums, however - with Avast running, the download speed is pathetic (indicating 14hrs for one album!). Switch off Avast and the album downloads in 5mins. Odd

SallyC 12:17 29 Sep 2009

Thanks oldbeefer2 but doesn't solve the problem.
AVG is just coming up with a blank page and the following message : Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection. The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

IP Address: 72.32.46.51

For additional information click here.

Suggestions:

Click the “Back” button on your browser to return to the previous page and choose another link (recommended).
If you would like to ignore the warning and continue to the page, click here (not recommended) Note: AVG will continue to block dangerous content associated with this page.

I have clicked the link in ignore warning but it just sends me back to the blank log-on page
Thanks

I am Spartacus 12:32 29 Sep 2009

Are you downloading from click here ?

I don't have to register or login to download it.

SallyC 12:44 29 Sep 2009

I tried accessing it from another link & that worked - heavens knows why the first link to come up is a duff one, but there you go.
Thanks for all your help

oldbeefer2 12:46 29 Sep 2009

My (initial) point was that I've had no problems with the itunes site in the way you have - are you sure the one you have tried is genuine? If the same thing happens with Spartacus's link we may have to think again.

oldbeefer2 12:47 29 Sep 2009

You answered while I was typing (slowly!) - glad it's sorted.

peter99co 20:28 29 Sep 2009

AVG checks links and is very good at spotting bad links. Trust the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone