ITunes (8.2) Fails to Launch

chopstick 08:29 14 Jul 2009

I have been running iTunes 8.2 on my XP Pro pc. I recently installed Blackberry Itunes sync software, so that I could copy music to my Blackberry as well. Whilst running a sync last week the pc crashed. Since that time I am unable to start iTunes.
I was able to restart the Blackberry sync program and complete the sync. iTunes won't start. In task manager I can see the .exe running, then after about 60 seconds it just stops - no sign of it loading - no splashscreen etc. I can find no error messages in system logs to explain why.
I have deinstalled the blackberry software, deinstalled iTunes (following the apple support directions to ensure the system is clean) and then reinstalled to no avail. Exactly the same issue.
I have cleaned the temp folders, run registry clean progs, anything that I believe may have been corrupted by the initial crash.
The pc has other user accounts, and iTunes won't start on those either, so it seems to be a system specific issue, not just my user account.
I have looked on the internet to see if there are any iTunes repair utilities but can't seem to find anything. So, I am running out of avenues and ideas. If any of you good folk out there have any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?