iTunes 7.6 and Vista - can they work together?

ZootHornRollo 22:40 14 May 2008

I have Vista PC and I have been trying for weeks to get iTunes 7.6 to work but always fail. The installation goes so far then tells me that "the installer has encountered an unexpected error - error code 2738. Installation of Quicktime did not complete successfully."
It then continues the install process and stops again and gives another message to say "Visual Basic Script is not installed or has been disabled. Make sure VB Script is installed, turn off script blocking in antivirus and personal firewall software, re-register VBS and then re-install iTunes"

This sounds very complex to me - I don't have a clue how to go about resolving this problem. Can anyone help?

FatboySlim71 22:57 14 May 2008

I have itunes V7.6.2.9 installed on my Vista Ultimate PC and it installed/runs with no problems whatsoever.

A quick Google brought up the below result, hopefully it will solve your problem.

click here

Jake_027 09:29 15 May 2008

I've had this problem before and the above fix worked on xp i think. Just be aware to make it work in vista you might have to do a command prompt as admin. Go to start, type cmd in the search box and right click the result that comes up and select "run as administrator", then type the command "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without the quotes) and press enter, as described in the above article.

ZootHornRollo 22:24 15 May 2008

Thanks both- this worked a treat and was very simple to do.....phew!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?