Its time for a revamp, but my minds gone blank

Jon-232376 03:06 03 Jul 2003

Hi All,
This is my first post (usual all my questions are answered in the other topics which I've found very useful).
Anyway, I'm looking to revamp my website click here this is the 2nd version of it but I still want to improve it.
For entertainment value you can also check out my first version (and 1st ever website) click here (this was the 2002 site and done with serif webplus 6).
I'm happy enough with the colour scheme of the 2003 but it still looks a bit on the busy side.
Also load speed, I don't really want to reduce the photo sizes as in fairness its a club site and people log on to see themselves racing, and to show their mates. But is there anything else I can do??
At the moment everything I do is with
DW4 & PSP7. (would fireworks 4 be a better option to use than Paint shop? as I never use it)
I've asked some of the club members for ideas but they are not too willing to give negative comments (and usually just say, "more pics of me!".
Thats were you guy/gals come in, the contents of the site is always gonna be the same but I just want to have that polished smart look as its the face of the club on the web.
Thanx in advance

MichelleC 08:57 03 Jul 2003

...looking good. Only comment I'd make is balance. The left side of homepage may need respacing to balance more with the right.

BTW my mind is blank most days.

Aspman 15:09 03 Jul 2003

Nice. I like it. Don't knock your first site, it's not bad at all for a first go.

You'll have a job making your image file sizes smaller whilst keeping the dimentions the same. If I run the first image through photoshop it drops to about 19Kb. Down about 10Kb. Fireworks is good for web images that might shrink things a bit.

You might just want to drop the physical size of the images a bit or opt for thumbnails where you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?