Item sent out 'clean' arrives - 'Infected'

jack 08:27 10 Dec 2009

This is the time of year when folk start send each other those animated Christmas cards, or little movies.
A contact must have had a clear out and he sent me[and others] a whole stack of them.
Most have been deleted one or two retained for onward transmission.
These have been 'cleared' by my A/V protection as clean.
One however when sent, one is declared infected by recipients- I wonder/why?
Is it because differing A/V's set differing parameters or it pick up something on route?

Graphicool1 14:10 10 Dec 2009

If I were you I'd check with this 'contact' and find out if he/she really did send them out!?

Even so, if you receive any more e-cards, and are uncertain as to the senders credentials. You and everyone else, should get into the habit of never clicking on links contained within e-card notification email's. Instead, go directly to the website of the card company, find the card pick-up page within that site and enter the ID code included in the email you were sent. (If the message is a fake, the worst that will happen is that you won't get a card)

wee eddie 14:20 10 Dec 2009

become something of a problem around the Festive Season. You never know what the payload is.

I no longer open them any longer, after receiving one several years ago that appeared to come from a Bona-fide Card Company, that contained a virus.

jack 11:14 11 Dec 2009

of ther import of what you say - and hopefully other reading this post will take note.
However item concerbed was not a card but a small WMV file and is well known- An Advert for Avian water depicting chubby babies in nappies doing trick on Roller skates.[How did they do that?]

wee eddie 13:29 11 Dec 2009

on the Settings of the Receiver's Anti Virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone