is it worth me upgrading?

Si Forster 22:18 03 Jun 2017

Hi i have been thinking of upgrading my laptop, i fancied a gaming laptop (not a mega expensive one though about 800/900 quid is my limit). being a fan of hp i went in search of a hp laptop, i came across the HP Omen 15-ax202na, looking through the specs i realised i didnt know the specs of my current HP Pavilion 15-p199sa 15.6" Laptop, so i looked them up. can someone explain to me the differences between the laptops and if its worth the upgrade? my one has a Intel® Core™ i5-4288U the one im thinking of buying has a Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) 7300HQ / 2.5 GHz is there much differnce between these processors? they both have 8gb ram both have the same size screen my current one has a bigger hard drive and it doesnt look like the new one even comes with a disc drive

sorry to waffle on

can someone tell me if this laptop is worth twice the price of my current one

Jollyjohn 07:56 04 Jun 2017

The Hp Omen has an SSD + 1TB hard drive. The SSD should be quicker to boot. Also the Omen has a good dedicated graphics chip with it's own RAM, your current laptop probably uses some of the 8GB RAM for graphics. Overall it looks a nice laptop.

rdave13 12:16 04 Jun 2017

Agree with Jollyjohn. Just a further expense would be to buy an external DVD drive if needed. click here .

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires