is it true or is it a scam?

Internetwhizzkid 22:56 25 Feb 2007

Hi,

just recently I have seen sources that say that websites such as free ipods.com are not a scam. News from the bbc also says that if you refer mates and sign up you will get a FREE ipod. is it all true or all a scam
Same with free flatscreens.com

What do you think

Thanks
Ben

Technotiger 22:59 25 Feb 2007

IMHO - all Scams.

Jimmy14 23:01 25 Feb 2007

Read these terms and conditions. You would be cheaper going and buying an i-pod,

*Subject to our Terms & Conditions, receipt of your gift requires compliance with our eligibility requirements including; age and residency requirements, registration with a valid email address and password, shipping address and phone number, completion of one sponsor offer, and referring 5 friends who have to sign up and complete one sponsor offer. Only one account per person and shipping address. Members have 90 days to complete all necessary requirements to be eligible for a free iPod. Available offers will vary and some sponsor offers may require purchases to qualify. Freepay.com is an independent rewards program and is not affiliated with any of the listed products or retailers.

octal 23:03 25 Feb 2007

Well, the cynical side of me says scam, that's probably why I miss out on things, but there's no such thing as a free meal ticket. It probably opens up a whole avalanche of spam.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:50 25 Feb 2007

Do you really need to ask the question?

G

Internetwhizzkid 06:47 26 Feb 2007

but even the bbc click here

says it is not a scam. Mcafee sideadvisor thinks different though

Thanks
Ben

blazon 82 09:57 26 Feb 2007

Is this just another pyramid scheme, 5 friends have to sign up, and then each of them have to sign up 5 friends and before long to have millions trying to sign up for a free ipod

blazon 82 09:57 26 Feb 2007

Is this just another pyramid scheme, 5 friends have to sign up, and then each of them have to sign up 5 friends and before long to have millions trying to sign up for a free ipod

STREETWORK 10:23 26 Feb 2007

er...scam...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?