is it a surge

jonboy 12:07 06 Apr 2008

ok i recently moved my pc across the room and now when i turn the plug on the pc seems to start up for a second then goes of what can this be..the pc is plugged into a power protection board..

bobbybowls 12:15 06 Apr 2008

turn the power off open it up and check nothing has come loose.

ronalddonald 21:06 24 Apr 2008

jonboy has the issue been resolved? did you find something loose would like to know what the prob was many thanks

jonboy 21:10 24 Apr 2008

no m8 still got the problem so i am using my laptop untill i can get it sorted, its totaly mad somtimes it kicks in for like 7 seconds

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 24 Apr 2008

Try another PSU.

bluto1 22:14 24 Apr 2008

If you are still around, can I suggest switching everything off. First check the connection to the wall socket, then each connection you have into your 'power protection' bar. OK, they're allright. Now check every connection you've got to your PC, Monitor and Printer if attached. Then switch on power and boot up, and I've got my fingers crossed. Please do not skimp the checks.

bluto1 22:17 24 Apr 2008

.....and if all this fails, Fruit Bat /\0/\ has the answer.

xania 11:33 25 Apr 2008

While you've got the box open, make sure all the connections to the mobo are firm - something may have come loose during the move - and also make sure there are no loose screws etc lying on the mobo and causing a short.

woodchip 11:52 25 Apr 2008

Try the computer without the power protection board, it may be faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?